The New Year has commenced with a breathe of a fresh start.
How can you meet your health goals when you are running around with the tasks that life requires your to pay your attention to? While there are a variety of solutions, The Bodhi closes this gap and fuels your vision with our all natural meal plans!
Studies have shown that hours spent cooking at home have decreased from ~2 hours per day in the mid 1960's to 58 min in the mid 2000's (1). Whether the cause may be attributed to the increase of our work load, school load, family, or other daily responsibilities, the quality and time spent on the food that nourishes our health has decreased significantly.
Inversely (but not the causation), the rise of chronic illness -especially those relating to nutrition- have significantly increased (2). This gap between nutrition and health also encompasses a platform where nutritional education, convenience, and accessibility come into play. The Bodhi - in conjunction with ILO Health- exist to bridge that gap for you.
Our meals are prepared with ingredients that are chosen for their nutritional value and support to the human body. Every ingredient is made from scratch, therefore it lacks any sugar, refined fats, heavy salts, or preservatives. Due to the raw and diverse quality, each meal can tailor to any health goal or diet type (including but not limited to: Vegan, Vegetarian, Keto, Paleo, Whole30, raw, etc).
Nutrition consultations are on special for $25 (regularly $50) to help you customize your health.
The Bodhi meal plans are on special now with 10% off when you enter in PROMO CODE: NEWYOU at check out. Every ingredient at Bodhi is made from scratch and selected to support the health of your body. For more information, please visit thebodhi.com/mealplans or click "Contact" for more information! All questions are welcome!
You are BodhiFuel!
1. Ducrot P, Méjean C, Aroumougame V, et al. Meal planning is associated with food variety, diet quality and body weight status in a large sample of French adults. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2017;14(1):12. Published 2017 Feb 2. doi:10.1186/s12966-017-0461-7
2. Raghupathi W, Raghupathi V. An Empirical Study of Chronic Diseases in the United States: A Visual Analytics Approach. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018;15(3):431. Published 2018 Mar 1. doi:10.3390/ijerph15030431
What's the right way to fuel your body when it comes to this delicious meal time... especially when there's so many options?! From cereal to avocado toast, what can you enjoy that tastes good, and is good for you?
The Bodhi is a nutrition-focused concept that aims to nourish and support the health of your body naturally. Every item is made from scratch, sans any refined sugars, fats, or additives. This gives you the freedom to choose any item on the menu that supports your health needs.
The Steak & Eggs breakfast is a popular dish that boasts a wide variety of vitamins and nutrients that support the health of your body from the inside out. As a wrap, the Steak & Eggs contains Steak, Eggs, Mushrooms, Seasoned Potatoes, Feta, and Onions all wrapped up into a whole wheat wrap!
How is it good for you?
So, Egg up for your health!
The only side effects, are good ones.
1. “Office of Dietary Supplements - Choline.” NIH Office of Dietary Supplements, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Choline-HealthProfessional/.
2. Mehedint MG, Zeisel SH. Choline’s role in maintaining liver function: new evidence for epigenetic mechanisms. Current opinion in clinical nutrition and metabolic care. 2013;16(3):339-345. doi:10.1097/MCO.0b013e3283600d46.
3. Kennedy DO. B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy—A Review. Nutrients. 2016;8(2):68. doi:10.3390/nu8020068.
4. Threapleton DE, Greenwood DC, Evans CEL, et al. Dietary fibre intake and risk of cardiovascular disease: systematic review and meta-analysis. The BMJ. 2013;347:f6879. doi:10.1136/bmj.f6879.
5. O’Reilly GA, Belcher BR, Davis JN, et al. Effects of high sugar and high fiber meals on physical activity behaviors in Latino and African American adolescents. Obesity (Silver Spring, Md). 2015;23(9):1886-1894. doi:10.1002/oby.21169.
6. Kizhakekuttu TJ, Widlansky ME. Natural Antioxidants and Hypertension: Promise and Challenges. Cardiovascular therapeutics. 2010;28(4):e20-e32. doi:10.1111/j.1755-5922.2010.00137.x.
Looking for ways to incorporate these nutrients in your every day life?
Want to start your mornings off with a boost of energy that will last all day long? Stop by the Bodhi and start your day off like a PRO with this MORNING PRO BOWL.
The Morning Pro is full of macros & micronutrients that help your body function in a variety of ways.
Ready to BOOST your body's function? Come try the Morning Pro! Breakfast is served all day; just like your grind.
The strength of your health lies within the power of your own hands,
The Mother of All Benefits: The Mother Earth Bowl
Drop by The Bodhi and jump into one of our signature bowls, The Mother Earth.
The Mother Earth is a bowl that boasts a variety of flavors- ranging from earthy to fresh- to fulfill the diversity of your palate, and your body's needs! Every ingredient in this bowl showcases an extensive number of health benefits that support the health & function of your body!
1 bowl. So much BodhiFuel Power.
Have you had a chance to stop by and try one of our fresh-pressed juices?
Did you know that every ingredient that we have in house has been carefully examined, considered, and picked specifically for it's nutritional value and it's support for your body?
Beets By Bodhi contains beets, aloe, apple, oranges, parsley, and lemon!
How does this support you?
1 bottle. So much BodhiFuel Power.
Come and try a fresh-pressed juice today!
1. Lidder S, Webb AJ. Vascular effects of dietary nitrate (as found in green leafy vegetables and beetroot) via the nitrate‐nitrite‐nitric oxide pathway. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2013;75(3):677-696. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2125.2012.04420.x.
2. Lobo V, Patil A, Phatak A, Chandra N. Free radicals, antioxidants and functional foods: Impact on human health. Pharmacognosy Reviews. 2010;4(8):118-126. doi:10.4103/0973-7847.70902.
3. HALLBERG, L., BRUNE, M. and ROSSANDER-HULTHÉN, L. (1987), Is There a Physiological Role of Vitamin C in Iron Absorption?. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 498: 324–332. doi:10.1111/j.1749-6632.1987.tb23771.x
4. Alharbi MH, Lamport DJ, Dodd GF, et al. Flavonoid-rich orange juice is associated with acute improvements in cognitive function in healthy middle-aged males. European Journal of Nutrition. 2016;55(6):2021-2029. doi:10.1007/s00394-015-1016-9.
5. Clifford T, Howatson G, West DJ, Stevenson EJ. The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease. Nutrients. 2015;7(4):2801-2822. doi:10.3390/nu7042801.
Wightman EL, Haskell-Ramsay CF, Thompson KG, et al. Dietary nitrate modulates cerebral blood flow parameters and cognitive performance in humans: A double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover investigation. Physiology & behavior JID - 0151504. (1873-507).